Edouard Tétreau, 45, is a French essayist and advisor to a number of European industrial families, financial institutions and CEOs of European Fortune 500 companies.
He founded Mediafin in November 2004, after 10 years in the media and finance industries, between Paris, London and New York.
In the United States, Edouard acts as trustee of the Washington DC- based think tank CED, Committee for Economic Development, whose founders played a central role in drafting the Marshall Plan in the 1940s. He is also a member of the Advisory Board of La Maison Française at Columbia University.
In China, where Edouard’s last book was published in 2012, he became a 2013 Young Leader of the France China Foundation programme (www.francechinafoundation.org).
In Europe, he is a member of the scientific committee of Foundation Cortile dei Gentili, a Vatican-based organisation promoting dialogue and initiatives between believers and non-believers (www.cortiledeigentili.com)
A 1992 HEC graduate with a major in entrepreneurship, Edouard was educated at the Paris Jesuit school Saint Louis de Gonzague. He is married with three children.
- Analyste: au cœur de la folie financière (Paris, Grasset, 2005, Prix des lecteurs du livre d’économie) ; Spanish edition : Analista en el centro de la locura financiera (Millenium Capital).
- Between the “G2����������������������� and the G20: Europe and the financial crisis (Paris, Institut Montaigne, 2009).
- 20.000 milliards de dollars, le nouveau défi américain (Paris, Grasset, 2010) ; Chinese edition :二���万亿美元：强大美国的背后》出中文版, (Beijing, CHINA CITIC Press, 2012).
Edouard’s articles and media interviews can be found on his website www.edouardtetreau.com.
Previous work experience
- Investment banking analyst with Schroders (London, 1993-95)
- M&A executive with Banque Arjil- Lagardère Groupe (Paris, 1996-97)
- Executive (« chargé de mission ») with CSA ��� French media watchdog (1997-98)
- Head of Cr��dit Lyonnais Securities����� European Media team�������������������������������������� (Paris, 1998-2004)
-�� Founder & Managing Partner of Mediafin (Since 2004)
- Head of AXA Private Equity’s Research Department (New York, 2007-2010)